In this article we will talk about a trendy and super irresistible sauce. Have you figured it out yet? His Majesty the Guacamole , whose original name means “avocado sauce”, has become a real food trend all over the world!
GUACAMOLE SAUCE PAIRINGS
Guacamole (or just Guacamole) is a delicious Mexican dip made from avocado, lime juice, onion, and various spices. To be eaten raw as it does not need cooking. Of an intense green color and with a fresh taste, it dates back to the Aztec period.
It is one of the most requested appetizers during the holidays and during aperitifs, which is why the guacamole sauce is perfect to accompany many dishes such as nachos (corn chips), tortillas, wraps, pizza and bread sticks. Furthermore, it is perfect as an accompanying sauce for grilled or baked meat and fish, carpaccio and salads. For an excellent guacamole it is essential to use only fresh and nutritious ingredients, which will give you a real explosion of flavors in your mouth.
THE BENEFITS OF AVOCADO
Guacamole is a staple of Mexican cuisine. The health benefits of guacamole mostly come from the avocado. Avocados are high in healthy monounsaturated fats , which boost brain function and health. It is one of the good plant-based fats that can help reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke (1).
One study revealed that avocados contain dietary fiber, large amounts of potassium, magnesium, high levels of folate (which also supports brain health), vitamin E, vitamin B for cell health, and vitamin K (2). Additionally, the fat in avocados may help regulate cholesterol levels (3).
With all the vitamins, fiber, and healthy fats in avocados, it’s hard to imagine that guacamole is bad for you. However, it is important not to overdose.
Since guacamole is typically a healthier option than sour cream-based salsas and dressings that contain high levels of saturated fat, sodium, and preservatives, it’s a better choice.
GUACAMOLE SAUCE ORIGINAL RECIPE
Let’s see together through simple steps how to create guacamole sauce in a tasty way to accompany all your dishes. The recipe only takes 10 minutes of your time! To highlight the taste of fresh avocado, we will use a drizzle of our Organic Avocado Oil!
GUACAMOLE ORIGINAL MEXICAN RECIPE
- 1 Bowl
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 small bowl
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1-2 teaspoons lime juice or lemon juice
- 50 g onion
- 1-2 small sweet peppers or jalapeño (optional)
- Fresh coriander or parsley (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Organic Avocado Oil Benvolio 1918
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the stone. Incise the pulp and dig it out with the help of a spoon. Once the pulp is obtained, put it in a bowl and add the lime juice.
- Turn and mash well with a spoon until a creamy sauce is created.
- Then add the finely chopped onion, the sweet pepper also finely chopped, and salt to taste.
- Mix everything well by adding a drizzle of Benvolio Bio Avocado Oil.
- Transfer the guacamole into a small bowl, crushing well, drizzle with a drizzle of oil, and finally serve as an accompanying sauce.
If you love cheese add some Cojita or feta cheese.
If you have any leftover sauce, you can store it in the refrigerator wrapped in cling film.