With the arrival of heat and sun, and with summer just around the corner, the desire for outdoor life and tanning returns on time. Dermatologists all agree that the sun should be taken with great moderation, gradually and taking care to prepare the skin properly. In this regard, it is good to remember that the preparation for the tan necessarily also passes from the table : an adequate diet helps in fact to guarantee a tan without rashes and burns.
To obtain an intense and uniform tan and, at the same time, protect the body from high summer temperatures, it is good to follow a diet that includes the consumption of foods rich in vitamin A which favors the production of the pigment that gives color to the skin ( melanin), light meals and, in addition, abundant hydration. .
Useful tips for tanning through nutrition
- To obtain good results it would be good to take care of your diet according to the tan at least one month before the start of exposure to the sun.
- First of all, you need to prevent dehydration by drinking at least 10 glasses of water during the day . Water is very important for keeping the skin hydrated and replenishing the large losses of fluids caused by sweating.
- Consume foods rich in beta-carotene which predispose the skin to receive the sun’s rays and favor the production of melanin and the synthesis of vitamin A; green light for orange, red, yellow and green vegetables and fruit!
- Since beta-carotene, a precursor of vitamin A, is fat-soluble, when you eat vegetables that contain it, it is advisable to season them with good fats such as extra virgin olive oil or sunflower or corn or grape seed oil, which facilitate its absorption and which also contain antioxidant substances.
- Use vegetable sauces to season first courses; in particular tomato-based sauces, particularly rich in lycopene , a natural antioxidant effective against damage caused by free radicals and useful for counteracting skin aggression from exposure to the sun. Cooking (even shortly) optimizes the availability of lycopene.
- Abundant with the use of aromatic herbs and spices in food preparation, to reduce the consumption of salt and to enrich the various preparations with antioxidants, prevent skin aging and the formation of wrinkles. For example, include fruit and / or vegetable juices or smoothies with a pinch of turmeric in your diet.
- Consume fish regularly; in particular, salmon is recommended, a source of astaxanthin, a substance useful for the protection of the skin and eyes , very effective against damage from solar radiation.
- It is good to keep in mind that some drinks are not recommended: coffee, tea, cola-based drinks, energy drinks and especially alcoholic drinks.
The diet suitable for promoting a uniform and natural tan it must be varied, including foods rich in water, minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. However, it is good not to overdo it with exposure to the sun sinceis the diet does not protect from imprudence!
To find out more click here .
Did you like this article? Share it with your friends!