Dive into the world of rapeseed oil and uncover its myriad wonders for hair health. From its nutrient-rich content to its moisturizing properties, discover if rapeseed oil is the secret ingredient your hair has been yearning for.
Rapeseed oil, often referred to as canola oil, has historically been a staple in culinary and industrial realms. However, its potential as a hair care wonder has sparked intrigue recently. Benvolio, a brand synonymous with premium organic and specialty seed oils since 1938, presents an in-depth guide on how rapeseed oil might just be the hair care solution you’ve been seeking.
What is Rapeseed Oil?
Sourced from the seeds of the rapeseed plant—a mustard family member—rapeseed oil has become indispensable in many kitchens due to its mild flavor and extensive health benefits. Boasting a high content of monounsaturated fats—comprising about 60% of its total fat—rapeseed oil is renowned as a heart-friendly option, potentially aiding in the reduction of undesirable cholesterol levels.
Beyond its dietary merits, it’s enriched with crucial polyunsaturated fats, inclusive of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids—essential components for overall health. Not stopping there, this golden-yellow oil is abundant in vitamin E, a formidable antioxidant safeguarding our cells. Plant sterols, known to potentially lower cholesterol, further enhance its health profile.
Besides its culinary significance, rapeseed oil’s industrial applications are vast. From being utilized as a biofuel to playing a role in biodiesel production, it emerges as an environmentally considerate and promising substitute for fossil fuels
Benefits of Rapeseed Oil
- Monounsaturated Fats: These naturally occurring moisturizers seep into the hair shaft, rendering hair soft, shiny, and manageable.
- Omega-3 and Omega-6 Fatty Acids: Fundamental for hair growth and scalp vitality, these fatty acids ensure hair follicles get the essential nourishment, strengthening hair and curbing hair loss.
- Vitamin E: A robust antioxidant, vitamin E wards off environmental adversaries, such as UV rays and pollution, and rejuvenates scalp circulation, fostering optimal hair growth. 
Why Use Rapeseed Oil for Hair?
Rapeseed oil’s unique composition offers it an edge in hair care:
- Deep Conditioning:Whether applied as a hair mask or mixed with other nutrient-rich oils, it promises deep conditioning. A 20-minute application before washing allows for optimal nutrient absorption, leaving hair silky and hydrated.
- Scalp Health: Its anti-inflammatory properties can alleviate scalp conditions like dandruff or dermatitis. Additionally, its vitamin E richness stimulates healthy blood flow, invigorating the scalp.
- Environmental Protection: As a potent antioxidant, rapeseed oil provides a shield against environmental damage, ensuring resilience.
- 2-3 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- A few drops of essential oil like lavender or rosemary
- Preparation: Start by ensuring your hair is detangled and free from any knots. This will help the oil spread evenly through your hair. In a bowl, combine the rapeseed oil with honey and coconut oil. If you have chosen to add essential oils for fragrance or additional benefits, add a few drops now.
- Application: Dip your fingers into the warm oil mixture and start applying it to your scalp, working in small sections. Massage the oil into the scalp using circular motions to boost blood circulation. After applying to the scalp, use your hands to spread the remaining oil along the length of your hair, focusing on the tips which are often the driest part.
- Combing: Gently comb your hair with a wide-tooth comb to ensure even distribution of the mask. This also helps in further detangling the hair. Once your hair is thoroughly coated, wrap it in a warm, damp towel or put on a shower cap. The warmth will open up the hair cuticles, allowing better penetration of the oil.
- Wait: Allow the mask to sit for at least 30 minutes. For deeper conditioning, you can leave it on for up to 2 hours or even overnight. If you opt for the latter, ensure you cover your pillow with an old towel to avoid staining.
- Wash: Rinse the hair mask out with lukewarm water. Then, shampoo your hair as usual, ensuring all the oil is out. It may take two washes depending on how much oil you've applied. Finish off with your regular conditioner.
- An Optimal Faster Region-Based Convolutional Neural Network for Oil Adulteration Detection. https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/An-Optimal-Faster-Region-Based-Convolutional-Neural-Surya-Senthilselvi/3632d61703055f568f58ae456c936eb66fcf8110
Theoretical and experimental investigation of a CDI injection system operating on neat rapeseed oil – feasibility and operational studies. https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/Theoretical-and-experimental-investigation-of-a-CDI-Bia%C5%82kowski/4c995ae903d25f9c0febab0d96b32a4bde9ddcbb
- The Environmental Impacts and Allocation Methods Used in LCA Studies of Vegetable Oil-Based Bio-diesels. https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/The-Environmental-Impacts-and-Allocation-Methods-in-Chatterjee-Sharma/303070d969cddf2e8a1cb8dd3b5240c863e60e93
Did you like this article? Share it with your friends!